Choose a Unilever Business Area
Firstly, you choose the business area that best suits your aims and skills. We’re such a broad organisation, there’s something for all types of people, skills and interests.
Key facts on the Unilever Future Leaders Programme 2015-2016
- Starts: September
- Duration: 3 year world-class development programme with the opportunity of promotion to manager level after 2 years
- Location: UK and Ireland (some rotations may be international)
- Eligibility: 300 UCAS points and minimum 2.1 degree
- Degree required: We accept all disciplines, (except for Research and Development)
- Salary: £30,000
- Benefits: 25 days annual leave, performance based bonus, pension, health insurance, London allowance (if appl.), interest free loan, relocation assistance, share scheme, flexible working.
UFLP provides three ways to learn business:
You will follow a world-class learning roadmap that encompasses a range of general and leadership skills programmes delivered virtually and through instructor-led training sessions. Core areas are building business awareness; analysis and problem-solving skills; and management of self and others.
On top of this you will have additional training related to your specific business area.
Learn by experience
From day one you’ll be given the responsibility to solve a variety of important issues – you will have real ownership of key decisions. All elements of our business interact, so you will be working with experts across many disciplines on a number of different placements. You will work in different locations, including with the potential to work internationally, whilst gaining a thorough understanding of the business from within.
Learn through people
We will invest in meeting your individual needs and help you develop your skills. You will be supported through business mentoring from experienced managers, receive individual coaching and be provided with a ‘buddy’, who will be a current or former trainee and understand what you are going through, having gone through it themselves. You will also have the chance to meet and network with senior leaders during the programme, plus build relationships with peers and teams that will go on to support you through your career.