WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT?
Unilever IT apprentices support our IT teams across the UK who develop and deliver our business technology software, systems, equipment and services as well as providing real time technical support and guidance to people all across our diverse organisation.
As an apprentice, you’ll receive on-the-job training and experience along with formal training to gain the knowledge and skills you’ll need to support our business. Typical roles could include Helpdesk Support Technician or other IT Technical Support, IT Analyst, Software Developer or Web Developer.
The Higher IT Apprenticeship goes a little further than the Advanced programme to develop the skills required to work at the IT Engineer level of the business - IT Project Managers, Engineers or, in some cases, towards Senior Engineers. Over time, Higher Apprentices will work with almost full independence and will be expected to manage their own workload and personal development with a minimum of supervision.
WHERE ARE THEY BASED?
Locations could include Kingston, Leatherhead (Surrey), London (Blackfriars), Port Sunlight (Wirral).
WHO FITS THE BILL?
We look for apprentices who….
- Have at least five GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or above that include English Language, Maths and ideally either ICT or Science
- Have a minimum of two A Levels (or equivalent)
- Have a genuine interest in business IT and solving technical problems
- Can work as part of a team, so excellent communication skills and teamwork are essential, as are an ability to organise a varied workload
- Contribute their ideas and think for themselves
- Is up for a challenge, can use their own initiative to solve problems, and can demonstrate good attention to detail
- You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
- Foundation degree in Computing and IT Practice, or Level 4 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles (HNC)
- Level 4 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals.
And you will get paid whilst you’re working towards your Apprenticeship!
WHEN DOES IT START?
We have no current vacancies. Click here to register your interest.